Instructions from Abroad

If you are an overseas client and need advice on a legal issue, we would be very willing to work directly for you. We can accept instructions from overseas lawyers, trade mark and patent attorneys as well as acting directly for companies, firms and individuals based outside of England and Wales. Typically, our members will advise on legal issues which involve English or Community law.

If you wish to issue proceedings in England, we can recommend solicitors admitted in England and Wales who have the appropriate skillset and capabilities to assist you. Our members are not permitted to issue proceedings on your behalf or conduct such litigation but can provide advocacy services, including appearing in courts and tribunals for those solicitors.

Members of Chambers can act and have acted as expert witnesses in foreign cases which raise issues of English law.